Hey guys! As we’re gearing up for Conference later this month, here’s this month’s update:
- Our regional conference competition will be on April 21-22 at the University of Arkansas.
- We have two meetings this month.
- April 11th
- Speaker: Matthew Riechers, alumnus of SIUC.
- The deposit for Conference ($20) is due.
- Elections will be held for the following positions on the executive board
- Social/Service Chair
- Special Projects Chair
- Conference Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- ESC Representative
- PR/Historian Chair
- April 18th
- This will be a mandatory meeting for members attending Conference, as we will go over important details on the itinerary, schedule, and more related to Conference.
- Payment for the conference t-shirts ($12) will also be due at this meeting.
- April 11th
- Both the Bridge and Canoe are almost complete.
- As of this writing, the bridge is going through some final welding, and it should be ready for our builders to start practicing with it this week.
- The finishing touches are being added to the canoe; it should be done later this week.
- Touch of Nature
- The TON bridge is about 80% done, with the decking support nearly completed.
- Habitat for Humanity
- It has been pushed back a week (April 15) due to harsh weather conditions.
- Visit our events/fundraising page for more information.
I hope all you readers have a fantastic Easter, and wish us luck for Conference!