Hey guys! Here’s this month’s ASCE Chapter Update:
- Our next (and only) chapter meeting this month will be on March 28.
- Speaker: Sean Henry, member of the Professional Advisory Board and city engineer of Carbondale
- The ASCE will operate the concession stand during the High School Super Sectionals on March 7. Those who volunteered should meet in the Engineering building in wing D (at the hallway by our office/shop) by 3:50 p.m.
- Both the Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge teams are wrapping up their respective projects for this year’s regional competition on April 21 and 22 at the University of Arkansas.
- Next year’s regional competition will take place at SIUC!
- Our ASCE chapter is also hard at work at building the bridge for our Touch of Nature initiative.
- Congratulations to Fernando Sanchez for winning our ASCE logo contest!
- Other social events:
- Habitat for Humanity will take place on April 8 from 8 A.M. to 12 P.M.
- For our list of current fundraisers and social events, go here.
I hope you all have a wonderful spring break and an excellent St. Patrick’s Day.
Jason Jurak, PR and Historian